Job Vacancy – Part-time Online Course Tutor
3 days (24 hours) per week for six months
Salary £30,000 pro-rata
The Cart Shed Charity is looking for an able and highly motivated Craft/OT Teacher able to develop and deliver a range of Cart Shed related craft courses via a digital platform, to join our team of occupational therapists, woodcraft and horticultural tutors.
The Cart Shed Charity offers adults and young people experiencing poor mental health and wellbeing from across Herefordshire the opportunity to learn a range of rural skills and to improve their emotional well-being.
Our administrative base is at Devereux Wootton Farm, Norton Canon, with project sites both there and atAlmeley.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 27th July 2020
Short listing by 29th July
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom on Monday 3rd August 2020
This position is subject to a successful Lottery application for Covid recovery funding. Start date August 2020.
For further information tel: 07796 421 373
The Cart Shed Online Course Tutor Job Description
Post Title: Online Course Tutor
Salary: £30,000 pro rota
Contract: 3 days a week for 6 months subject to successful funding
Place of work: Home office or Devereux Wootton and Newport House
Responsible to: CEO – Katie Eastaugh
Key relationships: Sites and Training Manager, Learning support worker, all project staff and wider Cart Shed team.
Objective: To establish a new on-line crafts programme designed to be delivered using a digital learning platform. To manage learning opportunities and ensure programme learning and skills targets are met and suitably recorded to enable future development of the programmes.
Main duties: 1. To create a new suite of craft courses that can be delivered via a digital learning platform.
2. To support all tutors to learn to use platform so they can integrate on-line off line courses as appropriate
3. To write and manage risk assessments for all project activity, recommend mitigation where appropriate and write Health & Safety reports where appropriate for the Board in order to maintain the highest standards of care and due diligence.
4. To manage and deliver the remote courses as appropriate.
5. To support the recruitment of participants to the programmes.
6. To manage the monitoring and evaluation of participants involvement with Cart Shed programmes and feedback to referring agency with regard to all elements of skills development.
7. To ensure timely record keeping.
8. To ensure the Learning Support worker has all appropriate resources to be able to assemble and deliver learning packs in a timely manner.
9. To feedback to The Training Manager and CEO on a regular basis to ensure smooth running of the programmes.
10. To undertake other tasks as required to ensure the safe running of The Cart Shed.
Reimbursement of expenses: Expenses may be reimbursed, such as mileage and stationary, upon presentation of claim form and receipts by 7th of the month following that in which expenses occurred. Failure to submit expenses form by this date will mean expenses are forfeit.
Confidentiality: Confidential information concerning the company, its clients and its Trustees must remain as such at all times, both during and after the period of employment.
Termination Notice: Either party must give one month’s notice if they decide to terminate the contract. The contract becomes automatically void if one of the party’s contravenes the terms of the contract.
This position is subject to a successful application for funding from: The National Lottery Community Fund.