During the spring and summer of 2020, The Cart Shed developed an online learning platform to support participants. This provided an alternative to attending our usual woodland and horticulture sessions.
We use this online learning platform:
- to provide remote support and learning for those unable or not wishing to attend on-site sessions;
- as a backup option for transferring on site courses in the event of local lockdown.
Our online learning platform was very successful 2020. It can be applied to a range of funding (including Adult & Community Learning) as well as individual requirements.
What you can expect if you join an online course or your on-site course is transferred to our online learning platform:
- Courses are designed to be as close as possible to the woodland experience – social interaction, community, wellbeing education & support and practical craft activities.
- Most courses run from 10am to 3pm on 1 day of the week for several weeks.
- Dedicated, secure and confidential learning platform using Microsoft Teams through a range of devices (mobiles, tablets, laptops).
- Support with accessing the online learning and support, even for those with no or limited experience using computers or the internet.
- Tablets with internet access available for loan for those who do not have computer or internet access already.
- Activity packs delivered to your door to provide materials and tools for completing the practical activities.
- Regular assessment of progress against learning and wellbeing goals by our team of practical skills tutors and wellbeing tutors (qualified Occupational Therapists and Mental Health nurses)
If you are interested in joining one of our online courses, please contact us.